The name of Radostyán was first mentioned is the Váradi Regestrum of 1219., as a settlement of castle inhabitants of Borsod. The village was destroyed by the Turks in 1554-1556., and it was abandoned. The re-settlers were of the Reformed faith, and made use of the existing Medieval stone church. This is also mentioned is the 1595 Register. From 1598., and for following 200 years, the neighboring Kondó congregation was filia (daugther) church of Radostyán. After the destruction that took place at the end of the Turkish rule, church life began to take place without interruption. In 1706., the sacristy beside the church of unknown origin was torn down, and the church was restored. The church was given a shingled roof in 1755. In 1784. the walls were raised and the church was enlarged with the eastern aisle, and a door was walled in. The wood coffered ceiling was made at this time. The center „king panel” on the western end of the church contains the church builders’ will for the following generations: „Believe in God!”
The foyer was built in 1805. In the middle of the southern side of the nave, and a door was built in the wall between the foyer and the church. The eastern portal was walled in at this time. In 1928., the repeated decorative designs on the ceiling were repainted, the pulpit was moved from the southern wall to the northern side, and a window was cut into the southern wall. Beside the pulpit is a World War I. memorial plaque. The eastern side of the church is 8 meters wide, the Medieval western side is 6 meters wide. The church is above the village, built ont he western edge of the cemetery, on a 30 meters hill. On the south-western corner of the church is the hexagonal wood tower, witch was built in 1762., and is a superb example of Baroque wood construction, wich has been well preserved.
Hungaria-3776 RADOSTYÁN, Kossuth Lajos utca 2-4. Tel.: 48/424-570; drótpostacím: email@example.com